Monday, March 3, 2008

Is the Vista Operating System and Microsoft Word Software Compatible?

Is the Vista Operating System and Microsoft Word Software Compatible? Have your recently purchased a new computer with the new Vista Operating System? Did you purchase new software or did you use your old 2003 Microsoft Software? How is your computer operating - or should I ask - what is not operating? If you have answered yes or no to any of these questions, read on. I recently picked out a brand new Hewlett Packard laptop which was a present from my sister. While I was talking to the salesman about the laptop he handed me the new Microsoft software at the wonderful low price of $500.00. I was totally surprised. The salesman explained to me about all the new computers coming out with the new Vista Operating System. He highly recommended my purchasing the new software. I already had my own Microsoft Software from 2003. I asked if it was compatible; especially when the new software was so expensive. He assured me it was compatible and with a smile on my face, I took my new laptop home. I immediately downloaded my 2003 Microsoft Word Software and I was off and running. I started using my new laptop immediately and I soon discovered, although Microsoft Word was working it was not working as well as it had in the past. My software for my digital camera was not working and several other problems in the Microsoft Word, word processing section were cropping up. I immediately started e-mailing my friends who were computer and software savvy. They could not help me since they still were using the computers with the Microsoft Windows operating system. At this time, a light went off in my brain. Check out Hewlett Packard (hp) website maybe they have some kind of help for a person like me who used their computer and would like for it to work. My brain was finally registering the fact, I will have to buy new Microsoft software. I was afraid with the new Vista operating system I would have to pay the overpriced amount of $500.00 to get all the bugs out of my computer. On the hp website was posted a help phone number. I called it and was instantly plugged into this amazing website. The man from the website helped me for two hours over the phone. We never did conclude the problem, and my digital camera software was still not working. During this two hour help phone contact I was sitting in a room of 100 degrees plus. I would say this took some stamina. I was the one to disconnect first since I had to be shortly at a meeting. The man from the website called me back the next day and we resumed working on my problem. My software finally did start working and now I can E-mail my precious pictures to family and friends. I had other issues and the web man informed me he could only fix one problem for free. My free card had been played. They did have several plans to choose from and I chose the one which lasted a year. My computer still had some basic issues to iron out. I was glad I had this plan to help me through the transition of connecting my Microsoft 2003 and the new Vista operating system. Remember what the salesman said, “they are compatible.” I actually was very happy to buy a plan. It was cheaper than buying new software. Now I can get my computer working the way it should, and get some great help with questions I always bugged others about. If you are planning on buying a new computer I would not hesitate. There will be help for you. Now if you use really expensive software for special programs I would go directly to the software people and ask them if they are compatible with the new Vista operating system. Thank you for reading my article. Please feel free to read any of my numerous articles on various subjects. Let me hear from you; especially if you have the new Vista operating system on your computer. Copyright Linda E. Meckler 2007 Linda is the author of her first published book, “Ghost Kids Trilogy. Christy, 12 and her Brother Brad, 16 moves into an old house on top of a mountain and meet two Ghost Kids. Then we have a mysterious, magical Blue Vase where Uncle Charlie the villain is trapped. He wants out of the Blue Vase and exchange he will tell Christy and Brad where Pirates’ Treasure is Hidden. Take a walk with Christy and Brad down a dark hall hunting for Pirates” Treasure. You will think were you there right there with them. Love, Family Values and Charity burst off the pages. lmeckler.com Check out my new 4 E books Titled: How To Appeal Medical Bills Appeal and Collections Letters for Medical Providers Boost Your Self Esteem and Blossom Stop Computer Pain on my website lmeckler.com/store Check out my website lmeckler.com

No comments: